Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sunny Weather

 Aren't you all just loving the weather these past couple days!? I was able to get out today and do a little gardening! Even though I came in with mud packed shoes, tools, and gloves, it gave me some satisfaction that all us gardeners want this time of year! I picked my way through a little ice in order to plant some leftover hyacinths and daffodils, cut a few grasses back that I left for winter interest,and cleaned out some pots! What a great afternoon!

Another reminder to everyone that it's time to start seeds!!! If you are looking to start your own tomatos, peppers, eggplants, petunias, geraniums, etc., you better think about getting started! It doesn't take much time or special equipment! I started my basil at home (on a windowsill) mid-December so that I might use it even before I put it outside, and basil was started at the store at the beginning of last week. Take a look at the progress!






There is nothing like the smell and taste of fresh basil or the feeling of accomplishment one gets from starting and caring for a plant from a speck of a seed to a full grown specimen!

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment