Saturday, November 19, 2011

Daily Inspiration

Yesterday was the first day of our open house. The most interesting and fun part of the day for me was hearing about what everyone collects to decorate with for Christmas. I wish I could step inside everyone's homes to see the collections in action! One customer said she was in a 'naturals' phase- meaning anything burlap, paper, wood, etc. Another said she collected Christmas trees, teeny-tiny to huge, made of all sorts of elements. And another said she loved reindeer.

Personally, I have an affinity for tartan plaid. It reminds me of England, and it seems cozy and warm. I also love anything ornate and gold: angels, ornaments, ribbons,etc. It is fun to always be 'on the hunt' for specific items-- it gives me a complete thrill when I find something that will fit in perfectly.

What do you collect?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Christmas decoration is: baby shoes. I keep each baby's first pair, tie the strings together, and hand them all on the tree each year. It isn't exactly a ongoing collection, though!

    ReplyDelete